Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cashflow Issues

Yesterday was Tuesday, meaning I was left feeling lost and bored. (WoW servers on maintanence)
So what did I do? I went shopping at Sim Lim Square. Many people know Sim Lim Square as the domain of the spending Devil... seldom does one enter Sim Lim and leave without buying something. However, I went with the intention to buy something so what does the Devil of Spending do to me? He makes me want to spend more than I need to! I was in the market for a new mouse (a want, not a need) and a gaming headset (a semi-need).

So I spent my hard-earned (Haha.. that always makes me laugh.... "HARD EARNED") cash on a swanky new PRO-GAMER mouse, even though I nowhere even resemble a PRO-GAMER, and a perty basic headset with a mic.


I originally wanted to buy either the Razer Copperhead or the Logitech G5 (yes... i always spend more on equipment that far surpasses my puny needs). Logitech because I am used to a Logitech and Razer cos it's the numero uno uber 1337 gaming mouse. Luckily the shop guy was decent enough to recommend that I don't buy these top-of-the-line (read : over-priced) ones. "Just get something more suited to your needs." Have they got a mouse that lights up when a single and available hot chick with really low standards comes online?


Anyway, in the end, I bought a Razer Diamondback, which is below the Copperhead in the Razer range. It still beats the crap out of my old mouse and probably still far surpasses what I actually need. *big grin* What's so good about it that I must go buy it right after work, you ask? Besides the 1600 dpi scanrate and other technical stuff that even I as an engineer can't be bothered with, it's got fantastic buttons. Yes, BUTTONS. Look, the whole usage of the mouse revolves around moving the stoopid thing around and then... CLICKING! On my old mouse (and with 99% of the mice out there), the buttons are meant to be clicked at a single spot. On a Razer, ANYWHERE. May not sound like much, but it's enough to make me choose the Razer over the Logitech. Not to mention it looks REALLY cool (it glows blue while I sleep!)

AND I also bought the eXactMat, a professional gaming-input-device control mat (I can't really bear to say I spent money to buy a mousepad) which I don't really need but thought would look really cool on my table (which it does! plus the damn thing actually does work! no more skippity-"damnyoustoopidcursor"-oopsie moments!)

I also bought a nifty communication headset. I went in wanting to get either a Seinheiser or a Logitech one but the shop guy introduce a nice cheaper one from Plantronics. Apparently it has a mic that's comparable with the best of the headsets (even though the sound output ain't that great) and costs like 1/4 the price! Tried and tested with Yinghow, Yingjiao and Wenyin who all seemed to hear me really clearly so I guess it's another good buy! YAY FOR ME! MORE POWER TO ME!

Things I nearly bought but had enough discipline not to :

1. Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - 18 Programmable Function Keys! Stealth, Ambush, Gouge, Backstab, Sinister Strike!

2. 20" Samsung LCD Monitor - Only $599!!! =(

3. WoW Bestiary Handbook - I know you can find the same info on the net but at least you won't need to Alt-Tab out anymore! (ok ok.. so it ranks just above the solar-powered torchlight in terms of usefulness)

All that said, I really need to watch my cashflow man. I have this little bit of money coming in per month but I have so many things i want to buy and so many financial commitments! (Not to mention debts etc) HOW HOW HOW?!?!?

I am not greedy, I don't need to strike Toto. I just need to strike 4D once and I'll be okay...
=)

Comments:
You must be really bored, eh? =)
But admit it, it was an interesting read and now u know more about, err, mice...
 
BLOG BLOG BLOG!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?